Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blast Off! (Surprise Guest Designer!)

Hello! My name is Anita Recksiedler and I am so happy to be a guest designer for Market Street Stamps! I love all the different stamps and I am thrilled with the quality! While thinking of what I should share today I decided that I wanted to make a cute card, and one that focused on stamping. I've been into papercrafting for a few years but really fell head over heels for it when I discovered stamping. There is just something about playing with stamps, ink and paper! I am a stay at home mommy and creating is how I stay happy and sane. With having two young kids it leads me to needing a lot of cards for kids! Today I created with the super fun Blast Off Set! I love the rocket ship and star images!



I played with a bunch of colorful inks to stamp all the stars. I used a few distress inks Shabby Shutters, and Barn Door. I also used Memento Tangelo and Danube Blue (I've seen the Danube and it was not that blue! :>) I so enjoyed stamping all the stars! Banners are very in at the moment so I added a banner in blue and embossed in white Blast Off! And afterwards stamped with the open star all over with versamark ink. I stamped the rocketship in black and than colored and blended with prisma pencils! I adhered the rocketship with foam squares to add dimension and added soem glossy accents to the window so that it looked like a window! After I finished I still felt like stamping more stars so I stamped inside the card too:

Stamping inside adds a really fun touch!!!

I also wanted to share something I did with my kids. As a stay at home mom of a daughter who loves crafting I love to think of ways to use my craft supplies for her too. (Maybe I should have said I HAVE to....lol she loves my stuff!) I thought it would be fun to try to create a rocket ship they could throw! I stamped a few rocket ships onto paper for them and had them color them.


Then we cut them out and folded them in half and adhered 3 of them to make the rocket ship 3D. For my son's I glued two together on a lollypop stick.



(Gotta love coloring in a hurry they couldn't wait to play with them!)

I can't believe how much my kids loved this! They played with it for a very very long time! My daughter loved throwing it and watching it fly! My son enjoyed running around with it and making all sorts of rocket noises! He even had to go to sleep with it!


I hope that you enjoyed my card and fun craft and that it inspired you to create today! I would love it if you would check out my blog too, you can find me at: http://craftygrldesigns.blogspot.com/ Can't wait to be back later in the month with another project! Hope your enjoying your summer!

23 comments:

  1. Love your card Anita! Great idea for the kids, too! I think most kids love to do what Mommy does, and that is a wonderful way to get let them join in on the fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh.. I'm loving your card Anita! Fab use of the stars *wow*
    And I totally adore what the kids did with that rocket.. soooo cute :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I love the banner and the continuation of the stars on the inside (and of course the rocket!). It's so sweet that your kids were enthralled with their rockets for so long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Card. I just love how the kids are able to play with them too.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME projects, Anita! Love how you stamped the rocket ship and stars! Thanks for sharing this inspiring work along with your cute kids! Congrats on the guest design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card and a cute idea for the kids.
    I am going to have to use your idea seeing that I have that stamp set.
    nmteachpdg@gmail.com
    http://scrappin3angel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Anita and what a fun project for the kids!!!! I am loving these ideas! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card and I LOVE the rocket idea for kids!
    {Congrats on the Guest DT spot, by the way!}

    -Tifany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo cute!! Love these my dear!! Adorable projects!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome is this Anita! And I love that you and your kids did it together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the card and the fun project for the kids! You did such a great job with the stars I thought it was patterned paper! I also decorate the insides of my cards- such a great touch! Way to go!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Anita! Thank you so much for sharing your rocket ship ideas, I love this and so want to try it for my two boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, Anita! And love the way you did the inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. too cute! fabulous card, Anita! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So awesome to see you guest designing here, Anita! Love your adorable card and what a fun idea for your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  16. well done Anita. what fun to be doing some design work here. Love your rockets.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super, super sweet card, Anita! My kids LOVE to make things like this- we use straws for ours... hehe... so funny what will keep the little ones entertained! Thank you SO much for joining us this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a perfect kid card Anita! I'm so glad you shared pics of your own kids working on your fun project idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So adorable! I love that your kids like to craft, it is so fun and important for children! I also love the card you made... :)!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anita, congratulations on your guest designer position! I LOVE the rocket card with all the stars. Your kids' project is so, so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please visit our new blog - www.marketstreetstampsblog.com to comment on this post. Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.