Saturday, October 22, 2011

October Guest Designer - KRYSSI NG!

Angelica here reminding you about the 
extra special Market Street Stamps'
Anniversary Events happening through this weekend:

--Vote for your favorite *Anniversary* 
BLOCK PARTY finalists HERE!
--Link up in our special Anniversary/Birthday Card Challenge HERE!
--Join us for a Wishful Weekend HERE!
--10% OFF Promo Code when you 
join us in the NEIGHBORHOOD!

And without further ado, Kryssi's adorable creations -
so happy to have her aboard as this month's guest designer! 
She ROCKS!!!
************************************
Hello, I am so excited to be here today to share my Market Street Stamps projects! 

But first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARKET STREET STAMPS!!! 
Wishing you wonderful folks many, many more! 

I have created a few projects to showcase the versatility of these awesome stamps!

My mother in law was never a great cook, but she was amazing at making soups. My husband grew up with a big pot of piping hot soup on the stove every night. He loved it. I loved it. Before she passed away in 2007, one of the last things she did was pass her recipes down to me. At the time, I diligently wrote them down by hand and eventually typed it all up. It was always on the back of my mind to make a little soup recipe book. When I saw the big pot image in Comfort Food -- it clicked! Here is my mother in law's collection of heartwarming soups...



I used Perfectly Pretty Grid for the background. Love all of MSS's background stamps!





I wrote a little tribute to her...





All the recipes are handwritten to give it a heartfelt feel... if that makes sense. I want my girls to pick this up one day and see my handwriting instead of something I printed from the computer. It is one way I thought could connect one generation to another.


I also made a matching card...



Now any of my friends can tell you that I am an avid cook. I created my own recipe book of my favorite recipes that I've collected throughout the years. When you're cooking 4-5x a week, it's so easy to get into a rut and forget to make the really good stuff. I don't want to deprive my family of my yummiest creations, so this recipe book will serve as an inspiration when I "just don't know what to cook for dinner tonight!" I've also sneaked in a few top secret dessert recipes!






The inside of the pages were stamped with Vintage Notepad.




And a last card using Comfort Food!





You can always find me on my blog 
Have a SOUPER day!

xo,
Kryssi

18 comments:

  1. Wow! This is fabulous! I'm inspired! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove these projects, Kryssi! They have such a whimsical grace about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your creation. I love the story and that you are passing gmas recipes down to yr daughters :-)
    Micia
    Yellowbirdcreation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! i hate cooking for myself, but seeing creations like your recipe books is inspiring! love the cards too! the 'souper' card is my fave...amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot Woot Kryssi! Awesome project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, beautiful card and recipe book. Your handwriting is GORGEOUS and just the right touch. Plus I really love a good red, white and black combo so that soup recipe book really wowed me! Awesome job on all of them! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  7. yahooooooo for Kryssi!!!! LOVE her fab work:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow is the word... Kryssi's work is amazing! I would love to peek at the lovely recipe book! Beautiful and inspiring projects! Way to go, Kryssi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. adore both of your cook book ideas, such inspiration and so perfectly crafted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are gorgeous projects, Kryssi! I love the personal touch of your own hand writing and the fact that you're passing that and some special family recipes down to your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Kryssi....love all of your awesome creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow wow wow!!! Such awesome recipe books and wonderful story behind them. This is something that has been on my to do list for a LONG time. So glad to have you as the MSS Guest Designer this month! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely LOVE your projects, Kryssi! I love when a project speaks to my heart and that recipe book of your grandmother's soup recipes did just that! Very inspiring! Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer this month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These projects are amazing! What great ways to keep those treasured recipes to be passed down.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable.. I just love the colors and the whole idea.. great job! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. She does rock -- these are really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Please visit our new blog - www.marketstreetstampsblog.com to comment on this post. Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.