Monday, November 14, 2011

Fall layers

Hey, everyone! It's Brenda here with you all today.

I know many of you are probably gearing up for the holidays. Christmas lists are made, and maybe some gifts already purchased. Some of you may even be thinking of putting up the decorations. I love this time of year with all the hustle and bustle and preparations of every kind, but before we move into the Christmas season altogether I wanted to focus on fall a little bit longer today.

I, for one, just love Thanksgiving and everything that the day means to me. A day to spend time with the ones we love, lingering over delicious food and enjoying each other's company as we remember all that we have been blessed with over the past year. It's a very special day to me and sometimes I feel like it gets lost in the shuffle of the busy season.

But our Thanksgiving tables deserve to be dressed up in seasonal beauty as well, right? So, I decided to share a little project that's super easy to make and can dress up your Thanksgiving table as you gather around it with people you love.

The fall season is usually chilly around here and I think of lots of layers for fall, especially in my wardrobe. but I often find myself adding more layers on my craft projects as well. Layers give warmth and softness to a project that just seems fitting for the colder months.

This decor piece can be used solely for decoration, maybe as part of the centerpiece, or you could make one to set beside each plate to mark each family member's spot. There is plenty of room for adding a name somewhere if you would choose to do so.

The base piece is a plain piece of chipboard which leaves lots of space on the backside, perfect for adding special notes or blessings or room for each person to jot down something they're thankful for.


I used the pumpkin from the Autumn Greetings set (love that pumpkin!), stamped it onto canvas fabric and colored it in with ink and a brush. Then I cut it out and layered it on top of the leaves, along with some buttons and twine.


The sentiment is also from Autumn Greetings. I also stamped the sentiment strip with the Pretty Perfect Grid background.


The whole thing is tucked into a large binder clip that was covered in printed gaffer tape. The clip is large enough to hold the entire thing upright.
That's all I have for you today, folks. I hope I have inspired you to beautify your Thanksgiving table too.
Thanks for joining me!

4 comments:

Please visit our new blog - www.marketstreetstampsblog.com to comment on this post. Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.