Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tutorial :: Sprucing Up A Dollar Spot Find :: Stephanie Muzzulin


Happy Tuesday.
  It's Stephanie M here to share a little altered project.
One of my favorite things to do when I go into a store is to hit the dollar spots I love looking through and finding that one great thing that I can bring home and alter!!!
So for today's project I am sprucing up this little note book that I found.
 I am starting off with this sweet notebook and doing a little recycling by using a piece of 81/2x11 cardboard that comes with a pack of paper this is going to be the cover for my notebook.
 Next step you are going to want to measure your notebook and then cut down the cardboard to size for this I only had to cut the cardboard about 1/4 of an inch  length wise and then 1/2 inch off for the height. Before I score the cardboard I usually lay down my notepad so i can get and idea of where I need to score and this is all going to depend on how thick your notepad is!!!
 Once you have done your scoring you can start the decorating process by  cutting and adding you pattern paper to the front and back of the notebook by once again just measuring the the height and length of your cardboard cover and making the same score marks.

 After you have added your pattern paper to the cover you can adhere your notebook by adding score tape to the back of your notepad and adhering it to the cardboard base.

 Now the fun part decorating the cardboard front of your notepad,
I wanted this butterfly embellishment to be the focus
for the front of my notepad. So I diecut the butterfly shape with another piece of cardboard.

Next I stamped and embossed it with white embossing powder using one of the fabulous background stamps this one is called Cane.  I think this is such a fun way to make your own embellishments and add some texture to your project!!!
After I embossed my butterfly I then added color by using my distress inks to match the color of my notepad cover.


Here is the finished product all decorated!!!

Hope you enjoyed today's project!!!!



13 comments:

  1. aww I totally love this...what a fun idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. which store did you find the kraft paper notebook i love it!!! Super cute idea thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! The cane background stamp is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fabulous idea!!! Now, need to made a trip to the dollar store :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah love the dollar store. And that Cane is my newest favorite background stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ladies i got the notebook in the dollar spot at Michaels I love the kraft!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! SO cute!! I got a bunch of these at Michaels becuz I just loved them for gifts. This is such a wonderful idea! I have to try this!! Thank you so much for sharing!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous idea! TFS
    Have a great day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I literally picked up this notepad to create something similar! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete

Please visit our new blog - www.marketstreetstampsblog.com to comment on this post. Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.