It's Friiiiiday! Whoo hoo!
Today I am thrilled to share a trio of gorgeous, gorgeous projects by the ever-so-talented and genuine Diane Noble.
I am always in awe of our Guest Designers and how generous they are with their time, talent and energy in creating beautiful works of art for our blog.
Diane is not only one of the nicest, most thoughtful and inspiring people I've met in the Blogosphere, but she does fantastic work. I was so touched by the thoughtfulness and soul Diane has weaved into each project. Just keep reading more below (in Diane's words) and you'll see exactly what I mean!
**********************
I am a retired educator and I live near Kansas City, Missouri, with my pastor husband. We have an empty nest now so I’m at a stage in life where I can enjoy my favorite hobby—paper crafting. I love creating 3-D projects, including mini albums and mixed media art, but my favorite craft is card-making.
As a pastor’s wife, I have many opportunities to send cards to encourage people and to let them know we are praying for them. What I enjoy most though is sending cards for no special reason other than to let someone know I was thinking of them.
My design style varies since I try to fit the style to the images I’m using, but I love the shabby chic look for paper crafting and home décor. I try to participate in online card design challenges because they help me get out of my box and try new techniques, color schemes or design layouts.
I’ve had over 120 cards published in crafting magazines, and currently serve on two design teams. I was also honored to be asked to be a guest designer for Market Street Stamps. I recently discovered MSS and am already hooked on the fun, whimsical images.
Enjoy Special Moments Card
MSS Sets Used:
Other Materials Used:
Market Street Stamps Storage Bin (Altered Art)
This 6-1/2” x 9” x 4-1/2” cardboard storage bin is perfect for storing all my new Market Street Stamps! I purchased CD jewel cases to hold each stamp set. The stamps cling to the inside of the case. I cut the labels and the pictures from the stamp set packaging to identify each case of stamps. This is perfect for my growing collection of my favorite fun, whimsical sets from Market Street Stamps.
MSS Stamps Used:
• Gone Campin'
*********************
Enjoy the Journey Mini Album
Measuring 4” x 4” this mini album is jam-packed with fun spots for photos or journaling. It contains 14 pages, including interactive elements, and showcases 24 images from MSS sets. I love mini albums and try to create ones that could fit anyone’s tastes. This could record fun trip memories, or could be a mini journal about some significant life experiences. I want to keep it to record some highlights of my life—important moments and special memories. The last 2 pages will record some of my faith experiences and ways God has answered prayer. (Angelica's note: you will DEFINITELY want to check out the GORGEOUS inside pages on Diane's Blog! They are must-see!)
MSS Sets Used:
Other Materials Used:
- My Mind’s Eye / Indie Chic “Citron” 6 x 6 designer pack
- Crochet lace, buttons, rhinestones, designer brads, linen thread, craft envelope
- Punches/Dies: 1-3/8” circle punch, Hearts and Brackets die (Stampin’ Up!), Beautiful Wings embosslit die (SU), Two Tags die (SU), wide oval punch (SU), Martha Stewart edge punch,
- Zutter Bind-It-All and binding tools
- Copic Markers, Memento Ink (Tuxedo Black, and London Fog) by Tsukineko
I know so many women who live life at a very hectic pace…young moms who are constantly on the go. This card invites the recipient to sit, relax and enjoy all of life’s special moments. If only for the brief moments taken to sit and read the special message inside, I hope to bring encouragement and refreshment with this creation. These delightfully warm, vibrant patterned papers give a slightly shabby chic ambiance to the card. The card measures 5-1/4” square. The image has been paper pieced, and for a touch of realism, the tag string is inserted in a tiny hole, and covered with the paper pieced tea portion of the image. (This card coordinates with the “Enjoy the Journey” mini album).
(Angelica's note: see more photos on Diane's Blog! simply gorgeous!)
Other Materials Used:
- Crochet lace, mini market tag (office supply store), buttons, hemp twine
- Patterned Paper—My Mind’s Eye / Indie Chic “Citron” 6 x 6 paper pack
• Gone Campin'
Other Materials:
- Stampin’ Up!: cardstock, patterned paper (retired) and ribbons
- Rhinestones
- Copic markers
- CD Jewel cases from Staples
- Mini cardboard file case
*********************
Thank you SO much for visiting today and thank you SO much to DIANE for her incredible, incredible projects! PLEASE head over to her blog for lots more photos - they are amazing!!
Have a great weekend, guys!!










These projects are DELIGHTFUL!! Thanks for sharing them, Diane. You do fabulous work!
ReplyDeleteAwesome creations!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Emily and Tenia. These were all so much fun to do. Just in love with MSS...what can I say!
ReplyDeleteThank you Angelica for your sweet words in the post and for this fun, fun, fun opportunity.
Congratulations Diane - what a blessing you are both in art and heart - I love these projects, your work is inspiring! {{{hugs}}}
ReplyDeleteWow! Great projects. Esp. love the album. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete