Hello! This is DoBea here from Plum Poppy Studio and I have a great little tutorial to share with you. I have been using the June release of stamps like crazy since we received them, and I just keep coming up with more and more ideas.
Today, I will show you one of the newest techniques that I have using on cards a lot lately.
Here is a picture of the supplies I used to make the card. {I will have a detailed list on my blog.}
I chose three different Distress Stains to make a variegated look on the paper.
First, you use choose one color and rub it on the specialty paper. I started with the lightest color and worked my way to the darkest. You will want to get it good and covered, the stain really soaks into the paper.
Then I used the Heat It tool to dry a good portion of the stain.
Since the stain will pool in some areas, I used a paper towel to blot off the excess, and then went back and used the Heat It tool again, making sure that most of the stain was dry.
I repeated the above steps two more times, first staining, then partial drying, then, blotting and back to drying. I used only three colors here, but have used more than that on other cards and ended up with wonderful results.
Here is the look after all three colors are dry.
Next, I used Black Archival Ink on my the Candy Stripe background and stamped it onto the variegated paper.
I then cut down the paper for what I wanted to use it for and added the rest of the items for my card. I added on to it with the Grow set, also released last month.
I hope that you have found this technique useful!















That is so cool! Thank you for the great tutorial! :)
ReplyDeleteWow DoBea! That is so cool! Love your card!
ReplyDeleteOMG! What a COOL tutorial!!! I have to give this a try! I LOVE the look it gave your background paper! WOW! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletegorgeos cant wait to try this!
ReplyDeleteI don't have any of the new distress stains, but would so love to try this technique! And that candy stripe stamp is awesome for a background effect.
ReplyDeleteFabulous technique DoBea, TFS!
ReplyDeleteLiz