Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Introducing Market Street's FIRST Design Team!

I am excited and feel so very lucky to announce and introduce you to Market Street Stamps' very first design team! Before I go on, I want to take a moment to thank everyone who applied for a spot on the team! I was shocked and happily surprised to see over 75 people apply to be a DT member. We just launched our site in October, and to know that many people wanted to help us promote and share our stamps in the New Year was just amazing. It was so hard not to want to add about 30 more positions to the team, but we could only pick a few.

Did you miss the Design Team call? Don't worry! We'll have another call in June and plenty of opportunities in the next few months for you to get in on the fun!! Blog hops, Giveaways, and Live Chat Sessions are just a few of the things we have in mind!

Our blog will also be getting a face lift in the next couple of weeks, so please check back often for new and inspiring content! :)

And so, without further ado, here is our very first Design Team! We will have 8 full time designers and a guest designer each month starting this month through June. Please read a little bit more about each of them below and drop by their blog to say hi!

Full Time Designers
--------------------------
Dobea Alberts –
http://dobeaalberts.blogspot.com
Hello! My name is DoBea Alberts. I am a stay at home mom who loves to craft and take pictures. I have been scrapbooking for over 10 years and I have a serious obsession with paper. Though I dabble in several different, things papercrafting is my focus. I am inspired by so many things, but mainly my daughters. I love this hobby, as is has introduced me to so many amazing friends, and I am constantly busy learning new things. Practicing new techniques and finding new tools keeps me on my toes. My style is very simple, but I love it.



I absolutely love anything and everything about art, design, and paper crafts! I have been doing art my entire life, and I have found that it is an important creative outlet for myself. The past couple years, I have been inspired to focus more on creating cards. I love learning new techniques, and I am always in awe of the different stylistic traits that artists and crafters have. In my cards, I always try to tell a story by using stamped in conjunction with embellishments and coordinating papers.




(photo credit: Alisha Hurt Photography)
I am blessed to be able to stay home with my three lovely children and have a wonderful husband.
I am first of all a Christian, and after that a crafter. I got my first sewing machine when I was in fourth grade and still use it today (20 years later)! In addition to sewing, I paint, draw, and have just learned the basics of crochet.
I have been papercrafting for as long as I can remember...I started out just drawing and making cards, but I have recently started creating scrapbook pages, altered art, and home decor projects. I am very excited that I've recently had work accepted for publication in Paper Crafts, Creating Keepsakes, and Simply Handmade...and I am thrilled to be a designer for Market Street Stamps!


Nicole Rixon - www.onesweetromance.com

Hello Crafters! My name is Nicole and I am so excited to get started with Market Street Stamps! I am from sunny San Diego, California. Yep, I’m a Cali girl through and through! I am married to the most amazing man ever. He is an accountant, with crazy hours, so I get lots of extra time in my craft room--- guilt free! I started crafting at a very young age and I couldn’t think of anything I would rather spend my time or money on! (Besides my hubby, of course!) I have a very eclectic style and love to share my tips and tricks to get the most out of your supplies. I can't wait to show you all my tips and tricks!



Tracy Schultz- http://whoistracy.com/myhead/
My name is Tracy Schultz. I'm married to a wonderful man named Mike and we live in western New York state. We have one crazy cockatiel named Kiwi and a school of fish that we call our own. I work as an IT Specialist by day and love to craft by night.
I've been paper crafting since 2008. I enjoy the friendships I've made through crafting and blogging and the sense of community and inspiration it creates. I blog several times a week here: http://whoistracy.com/myhead/
You can also view my Splitcoast gallery here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=165520
And my Flikr gallery here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/29564394@N02/

Samantha Star - www.samanthastar.com
Samantha studied creative arts and interior design before setting her sights on crafting as a career. She has dabbled in a little bit of everything from ceramics to mosaics, watercolors to kid's crafts, but focuses most of her work around paper crafts and mixed media. Samantha is a full time invitation and event planner in Montreal, where she gets to use all of her crafty knowledge on a daily basis. She lives with her husband Brendan, cat Cosgrove and rabbit Pickles.




Angelica Suarez -
www.handmadebyangelica.com
A lot of you might know me as the Co-Founder and Illustrator for Market Street Stamps, but I also love creating art and making messes in my craft room. During the day, you’ll also find me blogging and Facebook-ing for Peachy Keen Stamps, Inc. – a stamp business owned by my mom and stepdad. When I’m not stamping or playing with paper, you’ll find me drawing, hanging out with my family, discovering new music or shopping! I'm so excited to have you all here - be ready to be inspired! The rest of our new DT is AMAZING!

My name is Stephanie Washburn and I am ADDICTED TO PAPER AND STAMPS! I am a stay at home mom to two crazy little boys – when they sleep, I play! I have been scrapbooking for as long as I can remember and was introduced to stamping and card making in 2008. I haven’t done much scrapbooking since then! I am a pretty clean and designer and love to mix stamps from different sets to see what I can come up with. When it comes to color, I love to mix neutrals and add pops of color rather than combining lots of colors (I’m too chicken!). I love meeting fellow card makers through my blog and forums I am a member of and have made some great relationships recently! I can’t wait to show you what I create with the lovely images from Market Street Stamps and meet some new online friends!


Guest Designers
--------------------------
Raven Baca - www.love4stamps.blogspot.com
I live in New Mexico with a big giant wonderful family and fabulous
friends! I have been crafting my entire life. My grandmother taught mehow to crochet when I was very young and that's when it all started. Ihave experimented with all mediums but paper has been my favorite forthe last two years or so. I love making altered items and thingsoutside of the box. I love meeting new people and I think that is oneof the best things about this creative world people are so loving and supportive of one another. I just adore that. I am so honored to be a part of the Guest Design Team and I hope I can inspire others to have fun while crafting. It is just too therapeutic!!!!

Erin Lee Schreiner - www.erinleecreative.com
Being creative is one of my favorite things in life. Scrapbooking, card crafting, sewing, cake decorating and other random crafts. Whatever inspires me, I'll do it! During the day, I'm a graphic designer. It all blends together quite nicely!




Janice Wilson - www.stampingwithjanice.blogspot.com
**January Guest Designer*





















Thank you all so much again for stopping by, I hope to see you back here soon to show you some incredible inspiration! Our blog will be undergoing a makeover very soon, so be sure to stop back!

To celebrate our NEW Design Team, we've extended the discounted shipping at our store - still just $1 to ship within the U.S.A. or Puerto Rico, $3 to Canada or Mexico and $5 Everywhere else thru January 31st!! :)

Thanks everyone! See you soon!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats ladies!! Can't wait to see all your projects!!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats everyone !!!! whoo hoo. Im all signed up for my first copic class so Im looking foward to seeing what I can make !!!
    scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Ladies! I'm excited to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! I am soo excited for you all!!! Can't wait to see what you do.

    hugs, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats ladies! I can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Angelica and you amazing women. I know that you will help Market Street Stamps grow!!! Hugs to all- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to everyone! Ready to be inspired! Keepn shooting for the starz.

    Jess B.
    thatzuneek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i double glora's comment!

    congrats to all !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to getting to work with these amazingly talented women!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVIN this team!! Cannot wait to see what you all come up with!! :) Sure is a long list of talent!! Congratulations everyone!! BIG HUGS and lots of Love, KathyJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats everyone!!! I can't wait to see what challenges and inspiration you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WTG ladies!! Congrats big time, TH!! I am also looking forward to the inspiration y'all will provide!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please don't shoot the messenger here, but with the advent of mobile devices and their continued improvement, this particular mode of commenting is difficult on mobile devices. Is there any way that you could, in your Blogger settings, just have all the fields visible, kinda like when commenting at WoodedViews.blogspot.com - all fields are there and you don't have to wait for pop-ups to select a profile, put in the verification code, etc.

    Those changes would just be so great for more people to be enabled to comment via mobile devices, in a much more efficient manner. Thanks for listening!

    ReplyDelete

Please visit our new blog - www.marketstreetstampsblog.com to comment on this post. Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.