Monday, April 18, 2011

Aahhhhh..... spring.....

Hello, there! Steph here to share some spring with you! Are you all seeing some flowers popping up where you are? I hope so! I know we are down here in North Carolina! I truly LOVE this time of the year and so I took a little inspiration from spring and a little from this weeks Card Patterns sketch to make this card:


First, I heat embossed the Bit of Burlap background stamp with white embossing powder on white cardstock. Then, I took Broken China Distress Stain and rubbed it all over the top of the heat embossed background! Love the effect and I'll definitely be doing this more!

Then, I pulled out my So Happy stamp set and played with the beautiful flower image. The flower and leaf images are colored, cut out, and popped up with foam tape to add some dimension to the card. Finished it off with some hot pink rhinestones and this super sweet sentiment and I think I have the perfect card to send out in the mail to by niece! She's gonna love it!

DON'T FORGET!
We're still looking for projects using Market Street Stamps to be highlighted as the "Cream of the Crop!" You can link your projects that use Market Street Stamps to any of the places linked below for a chance to be spotlighted and win a $20 Market Street Stamps Gift Certificate! I can't wait to see what you all are making! You have until April 25th for consideration this month!

5 comments:

  1. Great job Steph! That is one of my favorite embossing techniques, it never gets old!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a-dorable...great blooms and wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that technique, I hadn't used it in a while and then I just used it on my Easter cards using the pretty vintage wallpaper stamp and I can hardly wait to do it again. Your card turned out beautiful and bright. I absolutely LOVE it. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Love the embossing!

    -Tifany

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I just love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete

Please visit our new blog - www.marketstreetstampsblog.com to comment on this post. Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.