With all of the spring rain storms we've had passing through lately, I've been hoping to see a rainbow or two peeking through the clouds. But since I haven't been lucky enough to see any, I thought I would make a rainbow inspired card instead!I used one of my favorite background sets Hearts a Plenty and several different ink colors to create the rainbow effect. I only used the left-hand row of the background stamp and inked it, stamped, then repeated to achieve this look. That way there was no masking required!
Here is the list of inks I used in case anyone is interested, starting from the left:
- Versamagic Reg Magic
- Palette Orangerie
- Palette Paris Lights
- Palette Viridian Leaf
- Palette Reflection Blue
- Palette French Lilac
I used the little love sentiment from Hippie Chic stamped in Palette New Canvas ink. The tiny heart was accented with my Sakura red star Gelly Roll pen. I finished my card off with a bit of red sparkle twine and a clear acrylic heart.This just makes me smile looking at it. I hope it brings a smile to your face, too!






This is so fun and cheerful! Love it!
ReplyDeleteI love this. The rainbow of colors makes me super happy. Awesome job. Hugs- Glora
ReplyDeleteOh what a wonderful Rainbow card.
ReplyDeleteI love that we can work through issues as we create.
I am so grateful for this new found passion.
Love and hugs and may the sun peek in on you today
Percilla
LOVE IT! So funny (great minds think alike) I have a rainbow striped Hearts A Plenty sitting in my "to-do" pile! All stamped and waiting for some inspiration on what to do with it! So great!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSo bright and fun! Love what you did with the background!
ReplyDelete