Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Beautiful Backgrounds

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Julie Ranae here with you today sharing one of my favorite techniques when it comes to using our beautiful background stamps here at Market Street Stamps.

I am a huge fan of paper-piecing, but sometimes I need a quicker option to get somewhat the 'same look' and this is a
variation on that idea.

Just take one of your favorite MSS background stamps, ink it up in some of your favorite colors
and stamp on to white cardstock.
Here I've chosen to use the 'Cane' Background.


Now, in black ink, stamp some of your favorite MSS images on top of the background you just stamped.
Here I've chosen to use the pumpkin from the
'Autumn Greetings' set.


...and here is what you get...


This idea works so well with stamps that have a lot of 'open' space and is a perfect way to 'fill in' when you'd rather not color.

Here is a completely different look using a very bold background.  This time, I've chosen the 'Gingham' Background.


I stamped the fun & funky cake image from 'Celebrate Cake'


and here is the result...


I love how dimensional the backgrounds actually become when you use them in small spaces.


I really hope you found a 'smidgen' of inspiration with these couple of projects.
All of the details on additional products used can be found over at Julie's Open Window.
I hope you'll stop by, take a peek inside and have a
WONDERFUL day!


7 comments:

  1. Love these! What a great idea, I love to paper piece too and this would definitely save me some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really neat idea! Might have to try it. Love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea! I especially love the cane pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking paper piecing to the next level... love the technique!

    ReplyDelete

Please visit our new blog - www.marketstreetstampsblog.com to comment on this post. Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.