Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blast from the past......

Happy Thursday!  Amy here today with a technique from your past!  This was one of the first techniques I learned when I began stamping many moons ago.  Stamping with bleach.  Yes, it's messy.  Yes, it's smelly.  But it's FUN!  I wanted to use the Blast Off stamp set and have the perfect occasion to give this card away this weekend to our neighbor boy for his birthday!    I thought this stamp set lended itself well to using bleach with those star images!


Stamping with bleach gives your image a fun distressed look.  Do not expect it to turn out like traditional ink because it won't.  I simply poured a bit of bleach on a paper towel lined plate.  After stamping my stars, I just watched as the bleach took the color away from my cardstock and whalaa!  It's like magic!  Have any of you tried this technique?  I'd love to hear about it! 

Brenda mentioned yesterday that we'd LOVE to see your creations loaded into our Flickr gallery or over at our new forum, The Neighborhood!


{BLAST OFF}
Stamps:  Blast Off (Market Street Stamps)
Paper:  Enchanted Evening, Summer Sunrise, and SS White (all PTI)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Misc:  Copics (YR68, Y38, Y35, B95, Colorless Blender, C1, B99), Foam Tape, Gellyroll Glitter Pen (Sakura), Bleach

2 comments:

  1. Darling card!! Love the design and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Sounds like a fun technique...I've never actually tried it. Maybe it is time!

    ReplyDelete

Please visit our new blog - www.marketstreetstampsblog.com to comment on this post. Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.