Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Design Team Reveal #8!

Welcome back! Are you having a wonderful afternoon? SO many opportunities to win some awesome stamp sets today- we hope you're all enjoying the festivities!

We're back with our 8th introduction today and it's a BIG one! I know you all know this super talented papercrafter from her long list of publications and her beautiful design work! She has beautiful vintage style with a punch of color and I promise you will in awe of her work! We're SO excited to have her on our team!

Say hello to....

...in her own words...

Hi! I’m Julia Stainton and I’m thrilled to be part of the Market Street Stamps Design Team. I love creating all manner of things but have a special love for paper crafts and stamping. Getting inky, stitching and mixing up textures is really my thing. I’ve been scrapbooking for over ten years, been working as a designer in this industry for the past 5 years but have been crafting all my life. I love good books, the beach, chocolate, challenges, old homes, Canada and of course, my 5 beautiful children and wonderful husband.

Stop by Julia's blog Belle Papier and stay awhile... 
trust me, you won't want to leave! 
***THIS GIVEAWAY HAS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENTRY! PLEASE CHECK THIS POST TO SEE IF YOU WERE A WINNER!!***
Each hour we've been posting a new design team member and their favorite Market Street Stamp set. And just for sharing the Market Street love, we're going to give those favorites away!
Please leave a separate comment for each entry.
  • TO ENTER: Simply leave a comment on this blog post letting us know what your favorite techniques are - be sure to include your name and a way to contact you.
  • BONUS ENTRY #1 - Earn 3 extra entries for this set if you share this giveaway on Facebook or Twitter (leave a link to your tweet or post in your comment)
    • Tweetin' this? Please tag @MarketStStamps and hash #mssdtreveal - thanks!
  • BONUS ENTRY #2 - Earn 1 extra entry if you Follow us on Facebook!
  • You have until 5 pm on Thursday, August 4th to comment on all the posts and be eligible for the prize.
  • We will announce the winners Friday, August 5th at 7 am Central! 
Julia's current fave is
Ok - be back soon with our last designer and our surprise!!

118 comments:

  1. COngrats Julia! Ohhh what a cool background stamps, yet another one that I don't own yet!

    My favorite technique is heat embossing, I really enjoy the results I get from heat embossing when playing with my stamps :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Julia! I'm so excited to see some projects from these ladies.

    My favorite technique is heat embossing and inking.

    Hugs- Glora
    me(at)glorajean(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow you on FB and LOVE it :).
    Hugs- Glora
    me(at)glorajean(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh! I love Julia!

    My favorite technique is paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Julia! I love to use watercolor pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite technique is layering.
    tamluvsrog@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go Julia ! My favourite techique is copic colouring, and why I love your camping set !!
    I'm a facebook fan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Julia! Can't wait to start seeing projects from all these ladies!

    I love paper piecing!

    Kendra
    jksand2001 (at) yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Julia! My favorite technique is paper piecing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a FB follower! Love Market Street Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats julia!!!
    My favorite technique is inking.
    Jess G
    sourpatchkids03@hotmail

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite technique is heat embossing :)
    tinksgym@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a fan of MSS on Facebook :)
    tinksgym@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to the team!
    I look forward to working with you!

    -Tifany
    http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for Julia!!!

    My favorite techniques are coloring and paper piecing..

    I'm a fan on facebook and shared this link here
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=749357737

    Alison H
    www.stampersramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats!!!! What an awesome line up you've got!!! Oh that lace bg is fabulous too!! Let's see.....fave technique....Copic coloring for sure and also embossing and layering!!

    grizzlys4@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats, Julia! I just took a look at her blog and Wow!. I love embossing...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats, Julia!
    I would say my favorite technique is dry embossing and coloring images!
    Kimberly
    cutie.jensen at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I shared this on Facebook!
    Kimberly
    cutie.jensen at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations! I like dry embossing and also colored pencils/gamsol. spoelhoh at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats!!

    My favorite technique is using embossing folders or impression plates on my cards!! Simple and easy but it packs a punch!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love digital stamps and quilling. Congrats on making the DT

    edoggsugarlipsandprincessbuttercup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations to Julia!

    My favorite technique has to be paper piecing! Love to use different scraps that go together for one project!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like to use stamp and write markers on my stamps. Color the stamp with the colors you want to use and then stamp it on your paper. That's my favorite thing to do.

    Sandy
    sweetpeascards@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats Julia! My favorite technique is the emboss resist!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I already follow you on Facebook.

    Sandy
    sweetpeascards@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have shared this on Facebook.

    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1579116274

    Sandy
    sweetpeascards@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Welcome Julia!

    My favorite technique is paper piecing!

    Jen T
    jenlance at xmission dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. My favorite technique is layering stamps! Congratulations Julia!
    Viji.lg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh...I have so many favorite techniques!!! I guess that means I don't really HAVE a favorite! I am really enjoying glimmer mist, and sewing on cards right now...in addition to stamping and using my Cricut - especially with cute Peachy faces!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have been using rock-and-roll a lot recently.
    dahliamemories at gamil dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Right now my favorite technique is using distress inks over embossed images!! Yummy!!

    Maria
    dog_gone_crafts@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. LOVE Julia!!!! I love paper piecing!!! Thanks for the chance to win:) sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just tweeted!!! https://twitter.com/#!/jb_designs/status/98541749701586945

    Thanks for the chance to win:) sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm a fan on FB!!
    Thanks for the chance to win:) sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congrats Julia!!!
    My favorite technique right now I would say is distress inking. I call it inking but I think everyone else says distress inking? But I love it! it adds so much to anything ;)
    cant wait to see what you create !

    Micia
    yellowbirdcreation@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. i just tweeted this ;)

    http://twitter.com/#!/MiciaYBC

    thanks
    micia
    yellowbirdcreation@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. My favorite technique is distressing with ink.
    jenniekader at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm a facebook fan.
    jenniekader at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I posed this on my Fb wall :)

    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001580523315


    Micia
    yellowbirdcreation@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am already a MSS Fb follower :)

    Micia
    yellowbirdcreation@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Congrats! I love paper piecing and stamping!!

    Katelyn
    kmc71996@aim.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Yay for Julia!!!! Love her work!!!! My favorite technique is paper piecing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Favorite techniques: heat embossing!! sharon dot gullikson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I already liked you on FB. sharon dot gullikson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. My favorite technique is embossing: wet, dry or faux, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I don't have a fav technique but lately have been playing with distress stains on bk stamps - fun stuff! thanx for the blog candy opp!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love to color, so I feel that is my favorite part of stamping. Coloring all those yummy images!

    ruzarbl65@gmail.com
    http://ruzascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  51. FB follower! ;o)

    ruzarbl65@gmail.com
    http://ruzascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  52. Congrats, Julia! I love your work and can't wait to see what you do with MSS! My favourite technique is fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I 'Like' Market Street STamps on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Congrats!! I guess one of my favorite techniques is inking and I do like to heat emboss also! Thanks for a chance to win this super adorable background stamp! Hugs, Leanne
    tobusyscrapping at bellsouth dot net

    I follow you on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I've having a lot of fun with distress inks lately... but otherwise I'm just a CAS girl through and through, does that count as a technique?

    ReplyDelete
  56. Congrats, Julia!!! My favorite technique right now is paper piecing!!!! Can't resist all of those fabulous patterned papers out there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. my favorite technique is one layer stamping...only stamping and embellishing on one sheet of paper. it is difficult, but i love the results. hi julia! rush88888 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I liked you folkes on facebook this evening
    - sue dot blondin at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. tweeted at http://twitter.com/#!/sblondin/status/98588595803262976
    - sue dot blondin at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  60. Congrats Julia!! So happy for you and excited to see your work! My favorite technique is paper piecing:)

    ReplyDelete
  61. Congrats Julia! I love to paper piece! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  62. I have been a long time fan of your Belle
    Papier Blog...My favorite techniques are
    distressing and shabby chic!
    Thanks, Cindi
    jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  63. "Facebook Post!"
    http://www.facebook.com/cindi512#!/cindi512/posts/2121378668910.
    Thanks very much!
    Cindi
    jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  64. I "Like" Market Street Stamps on Facebook...
    Merci, Cindi
    Cindi H.
    jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love using Distress ink with embossed images.

    ReplyDelete
  66. I tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/#!/buckeyecub/status/98614019241426944

    ReplyDelete
  67. Yay for Julia - one of my all time faves in the crafting world! Fave techniques - embossing and emboss resist, paper piecing and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  68. I love trying new shading techniques .. with chalk, stains, dyes.
    Thanks for the chance to win
    - Dawn ~ designsthatdelight@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. Congrats Julia (and congrats Market Street Stamps to have such an amazingly talented stamper on their team *smile*)

    My favorite technique is faux stitching (don't know why, but I'm finding myself doing this over and over again *lol*)

    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  70. Congrats Julia!! That is a GREAT stamp, love that!! My favorite technique...distressing and inking, a project isn't done to me unless it's been inked or distressed (or distressed with ink!)

    ReplyDelete
  71. Nice background stamp. My favorite technique is using my watercolor pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Congratulations, Julia! My favorite techniques
    are emboss resist and paper piecing. Thanks for
    a chance to win this pretty stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  73. CONGRATULATIONS! My favorite technique lately has been distress inks!! But all techniques are my fav lol. Thanks for a chance to win! I am a follower her and fb.

    Jess B.
    thatzuneek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  74. Congrats to Julia! My favorite techniques right now are paper piecing, stitching, distressing and copic coloring! =)

    ReplyDelete
  75. My favorite technique would be coloring with markers. Congrats, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Congratualtions Julie!
    My favorite technique would be embossing.
    With my Big Shot, or with a heat tool!
    Gail
    gailluckatyahoodotca

    ReplyDelete
  77. Congrats, Lady!!!!! Favorite tech=Clean and Simple

    ReplyDelete
  78. Welcome Julia--you know how much I *heart* you LOL!! I love trying new techniques so I can't say I have a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  79. I am a huge fan of distressing, and you will find that technique on 80% of my papercrafting creations!

    ReplyDelete
  80. WOW.. what a beautiful stamp.. I like to use sewing and folding on my cards.. I also like to do landscapes. :) thanks for the chance to win.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  81. ohh.. I am a FB fan too :) oops a way to contact me familybubbles (at) hotmail (dot) com :)

    ReplyDelete
  82. Favorite technique - stamping because I love to color
    Congrats
    nmteachpdg{at}gmail{dot}com
    http://scrappin3angel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  83. Congrats Julia!!! Excited to see your work on here! My favorite techniques are coloring and mixed media. Although I dont get the time to do as much mixed media as I'd like. Super fun questions ladies!!!
    Hugs,
    Raven
    thatsmerb at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  84. Congrats, Julia!
    My favorite technique changes frequently. Right now it's exploring what inks can do besides ink rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  85. I love so many techniques since they keep the excitement of the craft, but I often revert to paper piecing or dry embossing with ink shading. I already follow you on FB, put a link to your give-away on my FB page AND for good measure on my blog :D http://redcardcorner.blogspot.com/2011/08/super-give-away-at-market-street-stamps.html

    ReplyDelete
  86. This one is one of my favorite stamps...as I love distress resist and coloring. Thanks for a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Congratulations, Julia!
    My fave technique is probably paper-piecing - I do it A LOT since I'm not confident with colouring :)
    (fan on FB)

    ReplyDelete
  88. Julia is going to be such an amazing addition to your team! she is sooooooooo talented!
    my all time EVER ever ever technique is distressing. I pretty much distress every project I make. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  89. I'm already a FB follower...
    some of my favorite techniques are embossing (dry or heat) masking, using glimmer mists, distressing and I'm just starting to do stitching!
    Tammy
    tampatha01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  90. Congrats, Julia! My favorite technique is paper-piecing! Love doing that and love all of the fussy cutting! It's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  91. I really don't have a favorite. It is what I am in the mood for. But I do tend to disstress alot.
    Leenknee2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  92. I love stitching on my cards! It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  93. My fav technique changes from time to time. Right now I enjoy folding techniques and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Congratulations, Julia! What a wonderful background stamp...reminds me of one of my husband's grandmother's tablecloths that we used to have. love it! My favorite technique is embossing. I really like to keep it simple.

    ReplyDelete
  95. My favorite technique is stamping and then coloring in with either markers or colored pencils.
    Lisa Nelson
    kiwihana@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  96. I'm loving using watercolor pencils right now to add dimension to my images. Love this release....I'm a fb fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  97. Hi! My favorite techniques are coloring, painting & embossing.

    Brandi Campbell
    Email: sehoyah{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  98. I follow you on FB.

    Brandi Campbell
    Email: sehoyah{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  99. One of my fav techniques right now is to add twine to everything! LOL Thanks for a chance to win! :)
    sweetheartcopper at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  100. I'm a follower on facebook too!
    sweetheartcopper at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete

Please visit our new blog - www.marketstreetstampsblog.com to comment on this post. Thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.